Tinsel (disambiguation)

Last updated

Tinsel is a metallic material used for ornamentation, notably including Christmas decorations.

Tinsel may also refer to:

See also

Related Research Articles

Bug may refer to:

Key or The Key may refer to:

Mine, mines, miners or mining may refer to:

Trace may refer to:

Gauge may refer to:

Guardian may refer to:

Transfer may refer to:

Turn may refer to:

Hybrid may refer to:

Target may refer to:

A switch is a device that can connect, disconnect, or divert current in an electrical circuit.


Tinsel is a type of decorative material that mimics the effect of ice, consisting of thin strips of sparkling material attached to a thread. When in long narrow strips not attached to thread, it is called "lametta", and emulates icicles. It was originally a metallic garland for Christmas decoration. The modern production of tinsel typically involves plastic, and is used particularly to decorate Christmas trees. It may be hung from ceilings or wrapped around statues, lampposts, and so on. Modern tinsel was invented in Nuremberg, Germany, in 1610, and was originally made of shredded silver.

Tinsel Town, Tinseltown, Tinsel-Town or other variants may refer to:

Dust consists of fine, solid particles of matter borne in the air settling onto surfaces.

Serial may refer to:

Blue Light or Blue light may refer to:

Tinsel print

A tinsel print is an example of one of two types of print, where tinsel is added after printing, for decorative effect.

A is the first letter of the Latin and English alphabet.

Tinsel wire is a type of electrical wire used for applications that require high mechanical flexibility but low current-carrying capacity. Tinsel wire is commonly used in cords of telephones, handsets, headphones, and small electrical appliances. It is far more resistant to metal fatigue failure than either stranded wire or solid wire.

Electrodynamic speaker driver

A speaker driver is an individual loudspeaker transducer that converts an electrical audio signal to sound waves. While the term is sometimes used interchangeably with the term loudspeaker (speaker), it is usually applied to specialized transducers which reproduce only a portion of the audible frequency range. For high fidelity reproduction of sound, multiple loudspeakers are often mounted in the same enclosure, each reproducing a different part of the audible frequency range. In this case the individual speakers are referred to as drivers and the entire unit is called a loudspeaker. Drivers made for reproducing high audio frequencies are called tweeters, those for middle frequencies are called mid-range drivers, and those for low frequencies are called woofers, while those for very low bass range are subwoofers. Less common types of drivers are supertweeters and rotary woofers.