Thrissur Diocese is one of the 30 dioceses of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church with its headquarters at Mannuthy, Kerala. As of 2023, the metropolitan of the diocese was Yuhanon Meletius.
The diocese was formed in 1982 with parishes in Thrissur and Palakkad districts. At the time of the formation of the diocese there were 32 parishes and 26 priests. The present diocesan headquarters was completed in 1995.
The diocese has one Upper Primary School in Palakkadu district and a Study center, near Thrissur. The diocese runs a community development project called "Anveshi, Thrissru" which helps people to help themselves. The diocese has a mission in Burbank, near Los Angeles, CA in USA with 300+ families of Mediterranean region origin. For the last several years the diocese has been in continuous struggle to make the unity of the Church a reality.
The headquarters of the diocese is at Mannuthy. Address: Gedseemon Orthodox Bishop's House, Mannuthy, Thrissur, Kerala, INDIA. 680651. Tel. +4872371039. The house was built by help from people of the Church at various parts of the world under the leadership of Metropolitan Yuhanon Mar Meletius. A small parish worships in the chapel in the diocesan headquarters. Due to lack of space a new plot was purchased adjacent to the headquarters building and a new chapel is constructed. The chapel is named "St. Mary's Unity Chapel". It symbolizes the Church unity efforts of the diocese.
1) Alaikalkulambu St.Marys Orthodox Church
2) Chalishery St.Peters and St.Pauls Orthodox Church
3) Cherukunnam St.Thomas Orthodox Church
4) Chuvanammanu St.George Orthodox Church
5) Elanadu St.Marys Orthodox Church
6) Erukumchira St.Marys Orthodox Church
7) Kakkanikkadu St.George Orthodox Church
8) Kakkanikkadu St.Gregorios Orthodox Church
9) Kallampara St.Marys Orthodox Church
10) Kannara St.Marys Orthodox Church
11) Katilapoovam St.Marys Orthodox Church
12) Kairady St.Marys Orthodox Church
13) Kodaly St.George Orthodox Church
14) Kombzha Mar Gregorios Orthodox Church
15) Mambra St.Kuriakose Orthodox Church
16) Mangalamdam St.Marys Orthodox Church
17) Mannuthy St.Marys Orthodox Church
18) Marmcode St.George Orthodox Church
19) Maorotichal St.George Orthodox Church
20) Nelleppally St.Johns Orthodox Church
21) Paithala Mar Gregorios Orthodox Church
22) Pazhayannoor Eldho Mar Baselios Orthodox Church
23) Pazhayannoor St.Marys Orthodox Church
24) Pazhayannoorpadam St.Johns Orthodox Church
25) Peechy St.George Orthodox Church
26) Pulakodu St.Marys Orthodox Church
27) Thenidukku St.George Orthodox Church
28) Thrikanaya St.George Orthodox Church
29) Valkulambu Mar Gregorios Orthodox Church
30) Valkulambu St.Thomas Orthodox Church
31) Vattai St.Marys Orthodox Church
32) Vatuly St.George Orthodox Church
33) Vellikulangara St.Marys Orthodox Church
34) DesertLand St.Dinysious Orthodox Church
35) DesertLand St.George Orthodox Church
36) DesertLand St.Gregorios Orthodox Church
37) ##Kaimoor St.George Orthodox Church
38) ##Olavakodu St.Peters Orthodox Church
39) ##Karimba St.George Orthodox Church
40) ##Vellapadom St.George Orthodox Church
41) ## Chelakkara St.George Orthodox puthenpali
The Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church (MOSC) also known as the Indian Orthodox Church (IOC) or simply as the Malankara Church, is autocephalous, headquartered in, near Kottayam, India. The church serves India's Saint Thomas Christian population. According to tradition, these communities originated in the missions of Thomas the Apostle in the 1st century. It employs the Malankara Rite, an Indian form of the West Syriac liturgical rite.
The Diocese of Malabar is one of the 30 dioceses of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church, with its headquarters at Kozhikode, Kerala, in India.
St. Mary's Orthodox Cathedral, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, is a parish under the Delhi Diocese of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church.
Mathews Mor Aphrem is a Syriac Orthodox bishop and the Metropolitan of the Perumbavoor region of the Angamali diocese.
Angamaly Diocese is one of the ancient dioceses of Malankara Orthodox Church in Kerala, India. Angamaly Diocese is one of the 30 dioceses of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church having its see at Kottayam, and covering a wide area including big portions of Ernakulam and Idukki Districts. The Diocese was formed in the historic synod of Mulanthuruthy in 1876.
The Diocese of Delhi is one of the 30 dioceses of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church.
Chengannur Diocese is one of the 30 dioceses of Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. Its headquarters is situated at Bethel Aramana, Chengannur.
The Diocese of Niranam is a diocese of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church located at Niranam, Kerala, India.
Ahmedabad Diocese is a diocese of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church also known as the Indian Orthodox Church located at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
The Diocese of UK, Europe and Africa is one of the 30 dioceses of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church with its headquarters in London.
Kottarakkara Punalur Diocese is one of the 30 dioceses of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. The diocese was created after dividing the then existed Thiruvananthapuram Diocese and Kollam Diocese on 15 August 2010. The diocese was inaugurated on 23 January 2011. Yuhanon Mar Thevodoros was installed the first Metropolitan of the diocese. Kottarakkara Kottappuram Seminary is the Bishop house of the Diocese. Fr. Philip Mathew served as the diocesan secretary. The diocesan secretary is Fr. C D Rajan.
Idukki Diocese is a diocese of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. The diocese was formed in 1982 with the parishes in Idukki district in Kerala. The Idukki Diocesan metropolitan's bishop house is Gathsemon Aramana which is situated at Chakkupallam. Zachariah Mar Severios is the Metropolitan of Idukki Diocese.
Angamali Diocese is the largest of the 12 dioceses of Syrian Orthodox Church in Kerala. Angamali Diocese was formed in the historic synod of Mulanthuruthy in 1876 and has been the major center of Jacobites through the ages. Metropolitan of the Diocese is HB Baselios Thomas I Catholicose.
E. A. E St. Mary's Soonoro Syriac Orthodox Church, Meenangadi, is a Marian Pilgrim center of the Syriac Orthodox Church located at Meenangadi in Kerala, India. The church is under E.A.E Arch Diocese, the first missionary association of Syriac Orthodox Patriarchate of Antioch and All the East, and is currently under the direct control of Ignatius Aphrem II, Patriarch of the Syriac Orthodox Church. In 2006, the church was elevated to the status of "Marian Pilgrim Centre", and in 2018, it celebrated its diamond jubilee. It is the first church to adopt the 8 Day Lent in Malabar Region.
Kottayam Diocese is one of the 30 dioceses of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. The diocese was created in Mulanthuruthy Synod in 1876.
The Diocese of Kochi is a diocese of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. The diocese was created after the Mulanthuruthy Synod in 1876. Yakob Mar Irenios is the Metropoliton of the diocese. The head office is located in Zion Seminary, Korratti East, Chalakkudi.
Nilakal Diocese is one of the 30 dioceses of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. The diocese was created on 15 August 2010. Now, H.G. Dr.Joshua Mar Nichodemos is the Metropoliton of the diocese. The head office is located in Nilackal Orthodox diocesan Centre, St.Thomas Aramana, Pazhavangadi, Ranni, Pathanamthitta
The Brahmavar Diocese is one among the 30 dioceses of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. The diocese was created in August 2010 by H. H. Baselios Marthoma Didymos I. H. G. Yakob Mar Elias is the current Metropolitan of the diocese. The head office is located in Mount Horeb Bishop's House, Nanthoor, Mangalore, Karnataka
Yuhanon Meletius is the metropolitan bishop of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church's Thrissur Diocese in India. Following the death of Baselios Marthoma Paulose II in 2021, Meletius was one of the seven members of an administrative council that governed the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church (MOSC).