|Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church|
|Primate||Baselios Mar Thoma Paulose II|
|Language||Malayalam, English, Hindi, Konkani, Kannada, Syriac|
|Headquarters|| Kottayam, |
|Founder||St. Thomas the Apostle|
|Part of a series on|
|Saint Thomas Christians|
|Saint Thomas · Thomas of Cana · Mar Sabor and Mar Proth · Tharisapalli plates · Synod of Diamper · Coonan Cross Oath|
|Crosses · Denominations · Churches · Syriac language · Music|
|Abraham Malpan · Paremmakkal Thoma Kathanar · Kayamkulam Philipose Ramban · Saint Kuriakose Elias Chavara · Varghese Payyappilly Palakkappilly · Mar Thoma I · Saint Alphonsa · Sadhu Kochoonju Upadesi · Kariattil Mar Ousep · Geevarghese Dionysius of Vattasseril · Geevarghese Mar Gregorios of Parumala · Geevarghese Ivanios · Euphrasia Eluvathingal · Thoma of Villarvattom|
| Margamkali · Parichamuttukali · Cuisine · Suriyani Malayalam |
Thumpamon Diocese is one of the 30 dioceses of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. The diocese was created after the Mulanthuruthy Synod in 1876. Now,[ when? ] H.G. Kuriakose Mar Clemis is the Metropoliton of the diocese. The head office is located in St. Basil Aramana, Pathanamthitta.
Thumpamon is one of the seven dioceses created after the Mulanthuruthi Christian association (synod) conducted under the leadership of Ignatios Pathros III, Patriarch of Antioch in 1876. Others are Kottayam, Kandanadu, Angamali, Niranam, Kollam, Kochi.The diocese was created with 21 churches. Konatu Geevarghese Mar Yulios was the first metropolitan and led the diocese from 1876 to 1884. After this Parumala Thirumeni led diocese from 1884 to 1902. Thumpamon English Middle School was founded in this time. In 1913, Yuyakim Mar Evanios become metropolitan. In 1930, Puthencavu Mar Pilexinos become metropolitan. During this time, so many institutions founded under the diocese. Then, Daniel Mar Pilexinos led the diocese from 1953 to 1990 December. In 1985, Philipos Mar Yusebios become assistant metropolitan and become metropolitan in 1991. Dionysious V, Dionysious VI, Baselios Geevarghese II, Baselios Augen I led the diocese in short periods in different times. In 1992, There were 101 parishes and 12 chapels in diocese.
H.G. Kuriakose Mar Clemis is the Metropoliton of the diocese. The head office is located in St. Basil Aramana, Pathanamthitta. There are so many institutions under this diocese. Mar Pilexinos ITC, Thumpamon MarthMariam Mandiram, etc. are some of them. Catholicate college, under Malankara church is situated in the boundary of diocese.There are 81 parishes in the diocese.
1) Amakkunnu St.George Orthodox Valiyapali
2) Angadicka Mar Baselios Gregorios Orthodox Church
3) Angadickal St.George Orthodox Church
4) Arruvappulam St.George Orthodox Church
5) Athirumkal St.George Orthodox Church
6) Attachakal Mar Pelexinos Orthodox Valiyapali
7) Attachakal St.Peter's Orthodox
8) Chadanapally St.George Orthodox Valiyapali
9) Chandanapally St.Thomas Orthodox
10) Chengara St.George Orthodox Church
11) Elicode St.George Orthodox Church
12) Ellimullumplakal St.George Orthodox Church
13) Kadamanitta St.Johns Orthodox
14) Kaipattor St.Ignatious Orthodox Maha Edavaka
15) Kalleli Mar Kuriakose Orthodox Church
16) Kalleli St.George Orthodox Church
17) Kalleli Thottam St.Thomas Orthodox Church
18) Karoor St.Peters Orthodox Church
19) Kizakkupuram St.George Orthodox Church
20) Kizhavaloor St.Peters Orthodox Valiyapali
21) Kodumon St.Behanans Orthodox Valiyapali
22) Kokkathodu St.George Orthodox Church
23) Konnapara St.Peters Orthodox Church
24) Konni Mangaram St.Marys Orthodox Church
25) Konni St.George Orthodox Maha Edavaka
26) Kozencherry St.Mathews Orthodox Valiyapali
27) Kudappanakkulam St.Marys Orthodox Church
28) Kumbazha St.Marys Orthodox Cathedral
29) Kumbazha St.Simeon Destuni Orthodox Cathedral
30) Kureeleeyam St.Johns Orthodox Church
31) Lakkoor St.Marys Orthodox Church
32) Makkamkunu St.Stephens Orthodox Cathedral
33) Mallasherry St.Marys Orthodox Church
34) Manarakulanji Mar Baselios Gregorios Orthodox Church
35) Manneera Mar Philoxenos Orthodox Church
36) Mulanthara St.Marys Orthodox Church
37) Mullanikadu St.Marys Orthodox Valiyapali
38) Mylapra St.George Orthodox Valiyapali
39) Nannuvakadu St.Gregorios Orthodox Valiyapali
40) Naranganum Mar Osios Orthodox Church
41) Nariyapuram Immanuel Orthodox Valiyapali
42) Nedumonkavu St.Thomas Orthodox Church
43) Njakkukavu St.Marys Orthodox Church
44) Ommallor St.Thomas Orthodox Valiyapali
45) Onnukal St.George Orthodox Church
46) Palamoodu Mar Kuriakose Orthodox Church
47) Panackal Mar Bursouma Orthodox Church
48) Parakulam Mar Gregorios Orthodox Church
49) Pathanamthitta Mar Gregorios Orthodox Church
50) Ponnambi St.George Orthodox Church
51) Prakkanam St.Marys Orthodox Valiyapali
52) Puthenpeedika North St.Marys Orthodox Church
53) Puthenpeedika St.Marys Orthodox Valiyapali
54) Thalachira Mar Yeldho Mar Baselios Orthodox Church
55) Thannithode St Antony's Orthodox Valiyapali
56) Thatta St.George Catholicate Simhasana Pali
57) Thatta St.Marys Orthodox Church
58) Thekkuthode St.George Orthodox Church
59) Thekkuthode St.Thomas Orthodox Church
60) Thonniyamala St.George Orthodox Church
61) Thoompakulam St.Marys Orthodox Church
62) Thottupuram St.Marys Orthodox Church
63) Thumpamon St.Marys Orthodox Cathedral
64) Thumpamon Bethany St.Marys
65) Thumpamon Eram St.George Orthodox Valiyapali
66) Thumpamon St.Marys Kadeeshtha Orthodox Church
67) Thumpamon St.Thomas Orthodox Church,Vayalinumpadinjaru
68) Ulanadu St.Johns Orthodox Valiyapali
69) V.Kottayam St.Marys Orthodox Church
70) V.Kottayam St.George Orthodox Church
71) Vadakkupuram St Mary's Orthodox Church
72) Vakayar St.Marys Orthodox Valiyapali
73) Vakayar Kolenpady St.Gregorios Orthodox Church
74) Vanchitra Mar Bes Hanania Orthodox Church
75) Variyapuram St.Gregorios Orthodox Church
76) Vattakavu St.Peters and St.Pauls Orthodox Church
77) Vazhamuttom Mar Bursouma Orthodox Church
78) Vazhamuttom West Mar Behanan Orthodox Valiyapali
79) Vettipuram St.Mary's Orthodox
80) Vettipuram West St.George Orthodox
81) Vettoor St.Marys Orthodox Church
The Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church (MOSC) also known as the Malankara Church and the Indian Orthodox Church, is an autocephalous church based in Kerala, India. Part of Oriental Orthodoxy, it is one of the oldest Christian communities in Asia. The church serves India's Saint Thomas Christian population. According to tradition, the church originated in the missions of Thomas the Apostle in the 1st century.
Moran Mor Baselios Marthoma Mathews II was the Supreme Primate of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church of India. He was the 116th Catholicos of the Holy Apostolic Throne of St. Thomas in Malankara and 6th Catholicate of East and 19th Malankara Metropolitan.
Malankara Metropolitan was a legal title given to the head of the Malankara Church Nasrani Christians, by the Government of Travancore and Cochin in South India. This title was awarded by a proclamation from the King of Travancore and the King of Cochin. The Prime jurisdiction regarding the temporal, ecclesiastical and spiritual administration of the Malankara Church is vested in the Malankara Metropolitan, who oversees its faithful from the Apostolic See of Saint Thomas. There are two churches that claim the Throne of St Thomas and hence the title of Malankara Metropolitan. Marthoma Paulos the Second who was affirmed by the Supreme court of India as the Malankara Metropolitan in the verdict pertaining to the asset dispute with the Jacobite Syrian Church. On the other hand, the titles in relation to "Malankara Metropolitan", "Metropolitan of Malabar", "Malankara Syrian Metropolitan", "Mar Thoma Metropolitan" were used by the head of the Mar Thoma Syrian Church since 1894.
Moran Mor Baselios Geevarghese II of the Malankara Church .He was the 113th Successor to the Holy Apostolic Throne of St.Thomas and Third Catholicos of the East in Malankara and 16th Malankara Metropolitan, was born to Ulahannan and Naithi of the Kallaserri family in Kurichi, Kottayam India on 16 June 1874.
The Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Christian Church (JSOCC), also known as the Malankara Jacobite Syrian Christian Church, the Malankara Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church, or the Syriac Orthodox Church of India, is an autonomous Oriental Orthodox church based in the Indian state of Kerala, and is an integral branch of the Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch. It recognizes the Syriac Orthodox Patriarch of Antioch and All the East, Ignatius Aphrem II seated in the Cathedral of Saint George, Bab Tuma, Damascus, Syria, as its Supreme Head. It functions as a largely autonomous unit within the church, under the authority of the Catholicos of India, Aboon Mor Baselios Thomas I. Currently, this is the only church in Malankara which has a direct relationship with the Syriac Christians of Antioch, which has continued from after the schism and it continues to employ the West Syriac Rite Liturgy of Saint James. The faction of the Malankara Church that gained autocephaly in 1912, became the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church (MOSC), also known as the Indian Orthodox Church, and it is an autocephalous (independent) church in the Oriental Orthodoxy communion.
Mathews Mor Aphrem is a Syriac Orthodox bishop and the Metropolitan of the Perumbavoor region of the Angamali diocese.
Athanasius Paulose, popularly known as 'Valiya Thirumeni', was the Metropolitan bishop of the Syriac Orthodox Church in India for nearly four decades. He is now referred to as Saint Athanasius.
Samuel Mar Philexinose was the first bishop of the Malabar Diocese of the Malankara Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church.
Chengannur Diocese is one of the 30 dioceses of Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. Its headquarters is situated at Bethel Aramana, Chengannur
Thiruvananthapuram Diocese is one of the 30 dioceses of Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church
His Grace Zacharias Mar Aprem, is a bishop in the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. His Grace is the current diocesan metropolitan of the Adoor Kadampanad Orthodox Diocese and assistant metropolitan of the Southwest American Diocese.
Niranam Diocese is a diocese of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church located at Niranam, Kerala.
Geevarghese Mar Philoxenos aka Puthencavil Kochu Thirumeni was an administrator, orator and an advocate of Orthodox and the Catholicate of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church of India. He served as Metropolitan of Thumpamon Diocese from 1930 to 1951.
Kollam Diocese is one of the 30 dioceses of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. The diocese was created after the Mulanthuruthy Synod in 1876. Zachariah Mar Anthonios is the Metropoliton of the diocese. The head office is located in Bishop House, Cross Junction, Kadappakkada, Kollam.
Kottayam Diocese is one of the 30 dioceses of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. The diocese was created in Mulanthuruthy Synod in 1876.
Kottayam Central Diocese is one of the 30 dioceses of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. The diocese was created in 1982. This diocese is in the direct control of Catholicos of the East. The head office is located in Devalokam Aramana, Kottayam.
Kochi Diocese is one of the 30 dioceses of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. The diocese was created after the Mulanthuruthy Synod in 1876. Yakob Mar Irenios is the Metropoliton of the diocese. The head office is located in Zion Seminary, Korratti East, Chalakkudi.
Nilakal Diocese is one of the 30 dioceses of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. The diocese was created on 15 August 2010. Now, H.G. Joshua Mar Nichodemos is the Metropoliton of the diocese. The head office is located in Nilackal Orthodox diocesan Centre, St.Thomas Aramana, Pazhavangadi, Ranni, Pathanamthitta
Mavelikkara Diocese is one of the 30 dioceses of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. The diocese was created on 10 August 2002. Now, this diocese is in the direct rule of Malankara Metropolitan. The head office is located in TheoBhavan Aramana, Thazhakkara, Mavelikkara.
|This article about the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|