Grammy Award for Best Chamber Music PerformanceLast updated
The Grammy Award for Best Chamber Music Performance has been awarded since 1959. The award has had several minor name changes:
- From 1959 to 1960 the award was known as Best Classical Performance - Chamber Music (including chamber orchestra)
- In 1961 it was awarded as Best Classical Performance - Vocal or Instrumental - Chamber Music
- From 1962 to 1964 it was awarded as Best Classical Performance - Chamber Music
- In 1965 it was awarded as two awards for Best Chamber Music Performance - Vocal and Best Chamber Music Performance - Instrumental
- From 1966 to 1967 it was awarded as Best Classical Chamber Music Performance - Instrumental or Vocal
- From 1968 to 1990 it was awarded as Best Chamber Music Performance
- In 1991 it was awarded as Best Chamber Music or Other Small Ensemble Performance
- From 1992 to 2011 it has been awarded as Best Chamber Music Performance
The award was discontinued in 2012 in a major overhaul of Grammy categories. Since 2012, recordings in this category will fall under the Best Small Ensemble Performance category.
Years reflect the year in which the Grammy Awards were presented, for works released in the previous year.
This page is based on this Wikipedia article
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0
license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.