2015 in architectureLast updated
The year 2015 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
- UTEC (Universidad de Ingeniería y Tecnología), Lima, designed by Grafton Architects with Shell Arquitectos. 
- United Kingdom
- January – Darbishire Place social housing for the Peabody Trust in London, designed by Níall McLaughlin Architects. 
- February 14 – Extension to Whitworth Art Gallery in Manchester, England, designed by McInnes Usher McKnight Architects (MUMA).
- May 21 – HOME, an arts venue in Manchester, designed by Mecanoo.
- May 26 – Investcorp Building at Middle East Centre, St Antony's College, Oxford, designed by Zaha Hadid. 
- June – Trafalgar Place housing development in south London by dRMM Architects completed. 
- August – City of Glasgow College, Riverside Campus, designed by Michael Laird Architects and Reiach and Hall Architects, opens to students. 
- September 30 – Christchurch Bridge, Reading, England, designed by Design Engine Architects, completed.
- October 8 – Newport Street Gallery in south London, a conversion of 1913 theatrical workshops into a free public art gallery by Caruso St John architects. 
- October – New building for the University of Oxford's Ruskin School of Art in Bullingdon Road by Spratley Studios.
- November 30 – Blavatnik School of Government in the University of Oxford, England, designed by Herzog & de Meuron, begins to function. 
- Clergy Court (new cloister) at Blackburn Cathedral in the north of England, designed by Purcell, projected for completion.
- Outhouse, a house in the Forest of Dean, by Loyn & Co architects. 
- A House for Essex, Wrabness, designed by Charles Holland of FAT with Grayson Perry. 
- United States
- January 16 – Sir Ian Athfield, 74, New Zealand architect
- January 18 – Verma Panton, 78, Jamaican architect
- February 9 – Jon Jerde, 75, American architect
- March 9 – Frei Otto, 89, German architect and structural engineer
- March 12 – Michael Graves, 80, American architect
- April 28 – Einar Thorsteinn, 73. Icelandic architect
- March 19 – Carlos Mijares Bracho, 84, Mexican architect
- May 11 – Derek Walker, 85, English architect and urban planner
- May 16 – Charles Correa, 84, Indian architect
- May 31 – Françoise-Hélène Jourda, 60, French architect
- June 12 – James Gowan, 92, Scottish-born architect
- June 26 – Donald Wexler, 89, American architect
- June 28 – Robert C. Broward, 89, American architect
- November 7 – Pancho Guedes, 90, Portuguese architect and artist
- December 11 – Ken Woolley, 82, Australian architect
- December 19 – Stephen Jelicich, 92, Croatian born New Zealand architect
This page is based on this Wikipedia article
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0
license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.